Are You Looking For Career Advice?
If you need help finding a job and your best career path,
an experienced, third-party resource can assist you.
As a baseball catcher in the distant past, a former nautical captain, and as a coach, I see my role and service to you in terms of helping with:
Clarity – Confidence – Capability*
Are you motivated to discover new opportunities, build relationships, become a multiplier* and achieve positive results and success? I will provide you with some helpful and valuable career and job search assistance.
What is the difference between a job and a career? Lester Korn, said, `your job belongs to your employer; and your career belongs to you’. Consider also this descriptive phrase as a useful metaphor:
“Your job represents a rung on your ladder.”
Our work is frequently with others – colleagues, customers and suppliers. And, whether we are employed by someone else, or are running our own business, or are solopreneurs … we have a job – we have work to do. Furthermore, it is done in the context of a career, with a past and a future … and with an important set of responsibilities in our current role in the present. You will find a post on the subject and concept of `my own job’ on my blog.
The following questions are the beginning of a coaching dialogue to assess and re-energize your career:
- What foundation do you have in terms of personality strengths, skills and accomplishments?
- Currently, what are you working on? What are you learning?
- Are you meeting and/or exceeding your expectations?
- Is it time to discover and build upon your strengths?
- What are your career goals?
- What is your dream job?
- How are you going to go for it?
- How will you know when you have it?
Check out the blog.
* [credit to Dan Sullivan, Strategic Coach]